iMotiv

Friday 26 April 2013

Tokyo 2013 (Day 1)

24-29 March 2013

The trip to Tokyo this time round was a really last minute decision.
My aunties booked this trip awhile back but I was really hesitant on buying the tickets as I'm not sure if the Cherry Blossoms will bloom then.
Low and behold, the cherry blossoms went into full bloom on the day they land!

We booked out tickets on news of first bloom and arrived 2 days after full bloom!
Tickets were S$793 via Delta Air and we stayed at Shinjuku Washington Hotel. As we were on a tight budget, we could not spurge on expensive hotels :X Shinjuku Washington Hotel was affordable, great location but the room was alittle tiny.

We were hungry so we popped by a random place for dinner. Food was so so only.


Since our relatives were at Odaiba, we went on to explore the place ourselves. My main aim for this trip was to see Sakuras so off we went to see sakuras at night!
Ueno Park at night
Ueno park happens to be my favourite place in Tokyo to view cherry blossoms because the trees are lined up on both sides of the pathway and it gives a very nice view. I visited Ueno park in the night and day for different experiences. I'm glad that I remembered to bring my tripod because without it, I would not have been able to capture night shots.
See how pretty the background is!




Japanese like to have picnics under the sakura trees and they really enjoy themselves! The cool weather and great view makes everything really enjoyable.

Next location on my list was Meguro River. It is walking distance from Naka- Meguro Jr station. It's nice here because there are stalls along the river selling food and drinks for people to enjoy while viewing the cherry blossoms.
Sakuras at Meguro River


 We randomly walked into a cake shop for some cakes and turns out that their cakes are awesome!

That's all for the first day as we arrived pretty late. We were all so sleepy from the flight.

*pictures taken by DSLR and iphone*

No comments:

Post a Comment